Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus situation, Church Consult has had to be cancelled. We hope to re-launch in the autumn, but do follow us via our newsletter and on social media to stay updated.
Church Consult is a peer-driven initiative for church-based leaders, facilitated in partnership with the Susanna Wesley Foundation
It is a reflective and strategic space for leaders and practitioners across all traditions to consider Christian mission and engagement in a challenging, creative, diverse world.
The hallmarks of this experience include:
- shared and intentional learning beginning with experience, and engaging with live issues (intriguing or puzzling)
- working with the grain of the context
- integrating theory and practice
- developing a sense of agency, confidence and new strategies for leadership.
A consortium of experienced practitioner theologians who have worked in church, business, and academic environments over many years are among the Facilitators, who include:
- Chris Baker, Professor of Religion and Public Life at Goldsmiths, and Director of Research for the William Temple Foundation;
- Keith Elford, consultant with 20 years’ experience of working with leaders of organisations of all kinds; and
- Nigel Rooms, consultant and researcher, and part-time leader of the Partnership for Missional Church long-term cultural change process with CMS.
Participant feedback from the last cohort:
‘An open, safe space…a pleasingly mixed group of clergy, steered by a group of expert facilitators.’
‘An encouraging and challenging day with fellow travellers.’
‘An organisation and programme that is well run and inspiring.’
The initiative is built around a series of three one day events. These days stand alone but the aim is to build a core cohort of practitioners who experience each of the three sessions.